Skinny Emmie: Offering No Apologies |
| Posted: 31 Jul 2012 10:15 AM PDT I’m a people-pleaser. Always have been, and always will be. In having this characteristic, I tend to apologize a lot, even if things aren’t quite my fault. I’ll grab ownership and apologize, making myself feel awful in the process. Over the years, I’ve worked hard to stop internalizing everything, and for the most part, it has worked. The past few weeks, however, I’ve noticed the pattern of apologizing:
After scenarios 1, 2, and 4, each person I was talking to responded with a “Why? There’s nothing to be sorry about!” This made me think – am I REALLY sorry? Hell no.
Time to hold my head high and stop apologizing for the shape I’m in. I’ve earned it with hard work and that is nothing to be sorry about. I wrote a related post last night on the ENELL blog where I embrace that I dislike distance races and pledge to only do fitness that is FUN. No more apologies for disliking certain things and liking others. I want to hear it: What are you NOT sorry for? |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Skinny Emmie Weight Loss Blog To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610 | |